The Vice Principal’s bring a specialist skill set enabling them to be deployed in a range of capacitates to support academies. Each Vice Principal is based in a specific academy, providing support to the Head of School, but they can also be deployed on a short or medium term for a particular project or purpose to support the wider Federation.
In the past this has included:
- leading and managing an academy during a maternity leave;
- being seconded each week to a school being supported by our Executive Principal in order to provide additional leadership capacity;
- providing HR support through long-term sickness management, capability procedures and management restructures;
- leading the successful application for a free school; supporting a nursery’s manager to move the provision to Good following a poor Ofsted report;
- leading the application and subsequent operation of the Rutland Teaching Alliance.
These deployments provide the senior managers with additional experiences that benefit their own professional development whilst contributing to the wider success and growth of the Federation.
To view a copy of the Vice Principal’s job description please click here.