TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS
MPS + Federation Benefits.
To Start September 2018.
Full time or Part time considered.
Applications from NQTs welcomed or returners to the profession
We are looking for a well-qualified and highly motivated teacher of Mathematics, who has a love for their subject. There is the possibility of teaching at A level at our partner sixth form, Harington School.
We welcome applications either from NQTs, who will be well supported by experienced mentors and through our Teaching School Alliance; or from more experienced candidates where there are exceptional opportunities for further professional development and promotion.
We have outstanding facilities throughout, with purpose-built laboratories offering excellent teaching resources and access to numerous iPads, laptops and computers. Harington School and Catmose College are part of the Rutland and District Schools’ Federation, both of which have been graded outstanding by Ofsted.
For successful candidates there are exceptional opportunities for further professional development and promotion across the Federation. This provides wider opportunities for staff, giving them broader experience across different organisations, including the opportunity to teach A levels in an academically able environment, should their skills and experience be appropriate. The successful candidate will be joining a strong and supportive team of specialist teachers who take pride in achieving the best outcomes for all students.
Teachers are able to enjoy many additional benefits that come as part of working within the Federation. These include, amongst others:
- Teachers at top of scale may receive up to a 2% pay award annually for good performance, in addition to any incremental pay progression;
- Relocation support for hard-to-recruit subjects;
- Vast range of staff training including a funded Masters scheme;
- Primary and secondary form teaching opportunities;
- Staff laptops;
- Priority admission for children of staff to the College and Primary.
- Flexible working; part-time and job share considered and variable hours considered.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and welcome applications from candidates looking for a variety of flexible working arrangements including, but not limited to; part time working, job share and term time only working.
Responsible to: Cluster Lead
The Teacher’s role is to provide leadership in the classroom, delivering good and outstanding lessons to ensure students make outstanding progress.
The role may be modified by the Executive Principal, in consultation with the Teacher, to reflect or anticipate changes in the job, commensurate with the salary and job title.
TEACHING AND LEARNING
- Consistently deliver good and outstanding lessons in order that all students in their care make outstanding progress.
- Contribute to the development of schemes of work.
- Continue to develop own practice through training and collaboration, using new technologies when appropriate to improve learning.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Have excellent subject knowledge.
- Inspire and enthuse students to become independent learners who are able to access a range of learning techniques.
- Identify and support individual students with additional needs, the most able and those who are financially disadvantaged.
- Identify and implement appropriate strategies for students to achieve success and realise their full potential.
- Support the vision and ethos of the Federation.
- Set a good example in terms of smart business dress, punctuality and attendance.
- Implement and uphold Federation policies.
- Uphold routines for learning and uniform.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluating the success of the Federation.
- To proactively respond to issues identified in the Transformation Plan to bring about sustained improvement.
- Contribute to the range of extra-curricular opportunities on offer to students.
SAFEGUARDING, HEALTH AND SAFETY
All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies and procedures are enforced in line with Federation policy and current legislation.
Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Executive Principal.
|Teaching and Learning||
Has a consistent record of delivering lessons at good and outstanding.
Has evidence of good outcomes for own teaching groups.
|Lesson observations, examination outcomes as evidenced in letter of application.|
|Leadership and Management||Has evidence of enriching the student experience through provision of extra-curricular activities.||Has had additional responsibilities within their subject area.||
Letter of application and interview including evidence of examination results for a team of teachers.
Has evidence of using data to inform lesson planning.
Has evidence of monitoring and intervening with students to improve their performance.
Letter of application and interview.
Letter of application and interview.
|Liaison||Has established excellent relationships with a range of stakeholders including teachers, students and parents.||Interview.|
|Staff Development||Has evidence of continued professional development relevant to their subject area.||CV or application form.|
The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies are implemented in line with the Federation policy and current legislation. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
HOW TO APPLY
- You should write a letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4.
- You should complete all sections of the application form.
- On the form clearly state the names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of two professional referees; it is our usual practice to ask for references before shortlisting and always to ask for references before interviews.
- It is a condition of employment that you have a successful DBS check made and can provide proof of identity and qualifications gained.
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive for positions, your application is unlikely to be considered if you do not follow these requirements.
CVs are not accepted.
Closing date is Monday 22 January 2018. You should send your application to Stuart Williams, Executive Principal, Catmose College, Huntsmans Drive, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RP. Applications can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please enclose a SAE if you would like your application acknowledged.