Federation staff have the opportunity to teach across the different settings, as the timetable allows. This is an excellent opportunity for professional development, but is also a rare opportunity to understand how students develop between primary and secondary school, and between the secondary school and the sixth form. If you have not taught at primary level or A level training is provided.
The formal working day ends at 2.30pm each Wednesday. Staff training therefore takes place between 2.30 and 3.30pm. While there are several ‘core’ training sessions delivered annually, staff are free to choose the remainder of the training sessions they attend, based on their own needs and interests.
We offer over 100 different training sessions to meet the full range of development needs and, in order to achieve excellent performance review outcomes.
These sessions range from practical guidance on making difficult phone calls to analysing data to guide intervention. Teaching staff are able to finish the working day at 2.30pm, should they have no training or College committments – roughly twice a term.
Many courses are provided in conjunction with the Rutland Teaching Alliance, formed as part of the Catmose Teaching School status. This means that staff from other schools will often attend, or our staff will have the opportunity to access training at our partner schools. This is an exceptional opportunity for networking and developing links within the local educational community.
In addition, staff are able to enjoy many additional benefits that come as part of working within the Federation. These include, amongst others:
- Teachers at the top of the scale will receive up to a 2% pay award annually for good performance, in addition to any incremental pay progression
- Relocation support for hard-to-recruit subjects
- Vast range of staff training including a funded Masters scheme
- Outstanding facilities
- Primary and sixth form teaching opportunities
- Staff laptops (where applicable to role)
- Priority admission for children of staff to the College and Primary
- Extra week’s holiday
- Early finish on a Wednesday
- On-site gym
- Free car parking
- Free flu jabs
- On-site refectory and restaurant
- Two week break in October
- The opportunity to attend a wide variety of trips and visits including abroad and The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
Professional Development Programme 2017/18
To find out more about the Rutland Teaching Alliance please click here to visit their website.