FACILITIES MANAGEMENT APPRENTICE
£3.30 per hour (from £2.73) = £6,370pa
37 hours, all year round, inc. day release
This position would particularly suit someone who has just finished a further or higher education course, or someone who is currently in Year 11 and considering alternatives to A-levels.
The purpose of the post is to complement the work of the Federation, supporting all staff and students to ensure that outcomes are outstanding. Apprentices will be based within a team of colleagues in the relevant setting and will receive full training and support at all stages of their placement.
Responsible to: Site Manager, Federation Manager.
SUMMARY OF MAIN DUTIES
- Ensuring all Federation buildings and grounds are cleaned to agreed standards and specifications.
- Ensuring maintenance of all Federation buildings, grounds and utilities, operating an agreed programme of planned preventative maintenance and making sure that any repairs are properly and promptly carried out.
- Keeping all Federation buildings and grounds secure, reporting breaches of security and ensuring that any resultant damage is repaired or fault rectified properly and promptly.
- Undertaking various porterage, administrative and letting duties.
- Performing all post duties in compliance of relevant health and safety regulations and codes of practice and with due regard for the health, safety and welfare of all premises users and visitors including contractors.
TEAM SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Personally undertaking agreed cleaning tasks not included in the Federation’s cleaning specification.
- Operating an agreed programme of planned preventative maintenance.
- Supervision of the Federation cleaning staff, establishing cleaning schedules, instructing and monitoring in appropriate cleaning methods including safe use of equipment/ machinery/cleaning agents whilst ensuring cleaners are aware of and comply with associated health and safety requirements.
- Arranging for emergency cleaning and removal of graffiti.
- Personally undertaking minor repairs and maintenance tasks which are within the post holder’s competence and identified as such within the maintenance specification, arranging for other repairs to be carried out under the building maintenance contract, organising emergency response to vandalism and damage.
- In liaison with the Line Manager or designated deputy, reporting on, arranging an overseeing any alterations, redecoration, building and maintenance works and specialised repair work.
- Checking that the premises are at the correct temperature at designated times and that adequate hot water is available, monitoring the building management system (BMS) and taking appropriate action where necessary.
- Reporting as appropriate any breaches of security and ensuring that any resultant damage is remedied properly and promptly.
- Undertaking/arranging for the safe storing and moving of items of furniture, equipment and provisions as required.
- Receiving and directing as appropriate all deliveries for the Federation.
- Uphold Federation safeguarding policies and procedures.
SUPPORT FOR THE FEDERATION
- To contribute to the overall ethos of the Federation in order to ensure an environment which is calm, purposeful and happy.
- To attend and participate in team meetings.
- To participate in training and other learning activities as required.
- To supervise students on planned trips, visits and out of school activities as required.
- To maintain confidentiality and adhere to the Federation’s procedures and policies.
- To attend staff meetings and training as required.
- It is an expectation that all staff will take on an extra-curricular role for example, a club, sporting activity, lunch duty, elective, membership of a governors’ committee or the PTA as agreed by the Principal.
- The Federation has a dress code which must be adhered to as a condition of appointment.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work across the Catmose Federation as required by the Principal.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Principal.
SAFEGUARDING, HEALTH AND SAFETY
- All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies are implemented in line with Federation policy and current legislation.
- Level 2 Certificate in Facilities Services
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Facilities Services
- Functional Skills Maths and English Level 1
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Training will consist of a weekly day release course and on-the-job assessment.
Reference to the term College is a generic term for any school within the Federation at which an employee of the Federation could be deployed to work.
The successful candidate will be entitled to 25 days annual leave + 5 discretionary days
chosen by the Principal.
|COMMITMENT||A clear recognition of and commitment to all our aims as an integrated community college.Smart business dress in essential. The Federation has a dress code.||Evidence of the commitment to education.||Letter of application.
Portfolio of work (where appropriate).
|QUALIFICATIONS||A good basic level of education with at least 5 GCSEs including English and Mathematics.||Evidence of an interest in continued training.||Application form.|
|EXPERIENCE||Evidence of working successfully as part of a team.||Interviews.
Portfolio of work.
Letter of application.
|STAFF DEVELOPMENT||An understanding of the importance of training.A proven desire to improve, with recent evidence of certified professional development.||Recent completion of at least 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English and Maths||College forms.
Letter of application.
|RELATIONSHIPS||An ability to work with our students.Good listening skills, the ability to communicate effectively and to work as part of a team with staff, college members, parents and members of the local community.||References.
Letter of application.
The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies are implemented in line with the Federation policy and current legislation. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
HOW TO APPLY
- You should write a letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4.
- You should complete all sections of the application form.
- On the form clearly state the names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of two professional referees; it is our usual practice to ask for references before shortlisting and always to ask for references before interviews.
- It is a condition of employment that you have a successful DBS check made and can provide proof of identity and qualifications gained.
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive for positions, your application is unlikely to be considered if you do not follow these requirements.
You should send your application to Stuart Williams, Executive Principal, Catmose College, Huntsmans Drive, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RP.
Please enclose a SAE if you would like your application acknowledged.