Casual Hours during exam period
Salary: £8.00 per hour
We are looking to recruit Examination Invigilators on a casual basis during the examination period that runs from early May until late June.
To undertake the supervision of examinations as directed by the Examinations Officer or link Vice Principal.
- Give clear instructions to the students as set out in the JCQ regulations, before, during and after examinations.
- Actively interact with the students when necessary and assist them as required following the JCQ regulations.
- Follow College and JCQ procedures and be responsible for controlling behaviour in the examination room.
- Work closely with subject specialists and the examinations officer to ensure that students have the correct examination papers.
- Take attendance registers.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of all examination materials.
- Collating examination papers following examinations.
- Completion of attendance registers.
- Packaging of examination scripts to be sent to the awarding bodies.
- Supporting students with access arrangements which may involve reading and/or scribing (training will be given).
The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies are implemented in line with the Federation policy and current legislation. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
HOW TO APPLY
- You should write a letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4.
- You should complete all sections of the application form.
- On the form clearly state the names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of two professional referees; it is our usual practice to ask for references before shortlisting and always to ask for references before interviews.
- It is a condition of employment that you have a successful DBS check made and can provide proof of identity and qualifications gained.
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive for positions, your application is unlikely to be considered if you do not follow these requirements.
CVs are not accepted.
You should send your application to Stuart Williams, Executive Principal, Catmose College, Huntsmans Drive, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RP. Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com
Please enclose a SAE if you would like your application acknowledged.