10 hours per week, either the morning shift 6am – 8am or evening shift 4pm – 6pm.
Term time only (37 weeks) = 22.4% pro rata.
Scale point 6, £15,014 pa full time (£7.78 per hour) Pro rata salary £3,363pa.
Or 20 hours per week. Term time only (37 weeks) 44.79% pro rata.
Scale point 6, £15,014pa full time (£7.78 per hour) Pro rata salary £6,725pa.
Maintaining a clean environment at each Federation site.
Demonstrate initiative, reliability and a flexible approach in ensuring all Federation sites are well maintained.
Duties may be modified by the Executive Principal, in consultation with the staff member, to reflect or anticipate changes in the job, commensurate with the salary and job title on an annual basis.
- To ensure that safety and cleaning is to the highest possible standard.
- To ensure that buildings and grounds are cleaned to agreed standards and specifications.
- To use appropriate materials and equipment to wipe down and clean all work surfaces and tops, walls, ledges, sills, radiators and windows.
- Where appropriate move books, materials or furniture so that the above duties can be performed effectively.
- To use appropriate materials and equipment to clean floor surfaces including carpeted areas.
- Clean lights, shades, diffusers, when required.
- Replenish toilet requisites, checking regularly that soap and toilet tissues are available to all users.
- Deal with graffiti.
- Empty litter bins.
- Take a proactive stand to keep the sites litter free.
- To report all incidents or situations which may be regarded as hazardous, or potentially dangerous, or which shows a defect, to line managers as soon as possible.
SAFEGUARDING, HEALTH AND SAFETY
- All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies are implemented in line with Federation policy and current legislation.
- This job description sets out the main duties associated with the stated purpose of the post. It is assumed that other duties of a similar nature undertaken within the role are not excluded because they are not itemised.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Executive Principal.
- The Federation has a dress code which must be adhered to as a condition of appointment.
The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies are implemented in line with the Federation policy and current legislation. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
HOW TO APPLY
- You should write a letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4.
- You should complete all sections of the application form.
- On the form clearly state the names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of two professional referees; it is our usual practice to ask for references before shortlisting and always to ask for references before interviews.
- It is a condition of employment that you have a successful DBS check made and can provide proof of identity and qualifications gained.
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive for positions, your application is unlikely to be considered if you do not follow these requirements.
CVs are not accepted.
You should send your application to Stuart Williams, Executive Principal, Catmose College, Huntsmans Drive, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RP. Applications can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please enclose a SAE if you would like your application acknowledged.