Scale 1 fixed point 7 £15,115pa full time equivalent
15 hours per week, term time only (37 weeks per annum) = 33.6% = £5,078.64pa
To be part of the catering team responsible for ensuring that the food prepared is of the highest standard.
The Rutland and District School’s Federation consists of Catmose College, Catmose Primary, Catmose Preschool and Harington School.
For successful candidates there are exceptional opportunities for further professional development and promotion across the Federation. The successful candidate will be joining a strong and supportive catering team who take pride in their work. Staff enjoy many additional benefits that come as part of working within the Federation. These include, amongst others:
- Those at top of scale may receive up to a 2% pay award annually for good performance, in addition to any incremental pay progression.
- A commitment to continued professional development.
- Priority admission for children of staff to the College and Primary.
- Outstanding facilities.
Duties may be modified by the Executive Principal, in consultation with the staff member, to reflect or anticipate changes in the job, commensurate with the salary and job title on an annual basis. Catering Assistants may be deployed across the Federation sites as required by the Catering Manager.
- To assist in the preparation of food as required.
- To make sandwiches/rolls etc.
- To prepare and cook vegetables as required.
- To fill chiller cabinet as required.
- To assist cook or manager with any food preparation.
- To assist customers when necessary, always being polite and courteous.
- To maintain high standards of presentation of food.
- To replenish counters throughout service.
- To control portion sizes and wastage.
- To be aware of menu items and prices.
- To serve food as and when required.
- To wash up and tidy up in between food preparation.
- To be aware of hygiene regulations and maintain high standards of health, safety and hygiene.
- To use the temperature probe supplied to check temperature of food items prior and during food service times.
- To maintain the correct procedures for handling and storing food, rotating stock where necessary.
- To regularly clean equipment and surfaces thoroughly.
- To dispose of rubbish as and when necessary.
- Support the vision and ethos of the Federation.
- Set a good example in terms of smart business dress, punctuality and attendance.
- Implement and uphold Federation policies.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluating the success of the Federation.
- To proactively respond to issues identified in the Transformation Plan to bring about sustained improvement.
SAFEGUARDING, HEALTH AND SAFETY
- To follow policy on safety as outlined with training.
- To wear full uniform in all food areas with safe shoes which must be kept clean and smart.
- To operate dangerous machinery only after full training is given.
All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies and procedures are enforced in line with Federation policy and current legislation.
- This job description sets out the main duties associated with the stated purpose of the post. It is assumed that other duties of a similar nature undertaken within the role are not excluded because they are not itemised.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Executive Principal.
- The Federation has a dress code which must be adhered to as a condition of appointment.
The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies are implemented in line with the Federation policy and current legislation. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
HOW TO APPLY
- You should write a letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4.
- You should complete all sections of the application form.
- On the form clearly state the names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of two professional referees; it is our usual practice to ask for references before shortlisting and always to ask for references before interviews.
- It is a condition of employment that you have a successful DBS check made and can provide proof of identity and qualifications gained.
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive for positions, your application is unlikely to be considered if you do not follow these requirements.
CVs are not accepted.
The closing date is 9am Monday 20 November 2017. You should send your application to Stuart Williams, Executive Principal, Catmose College, Huntsmans Drive, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RP. Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com
Please enclose a SAE if you would like your application acknowledged.